Sunday 13 March 2011

Busy, busy, busy...

This week has been very hectic but very fun. I spent Thursday in Vjetranice and Trebinje, towns a few hours from Mostar. I went as part of the OSCE Peace Olympics I volunteered with last term. It was incredible. Vjetranice is the biggest cave system in Bosnia and is home to many strange and bizarre creatures such as the Human Fish.After that we visited a nearby monastery before heading off to Trebinje to visit the museum of Herzegovina. We finished with vising a very beautiful Russian Orthodox church and food. It was amazing to see.

On Saturday I went to try my hand a bouldering which is rock climbing without ropes. The walls aren't very high though. Its a lot harder than it looks. Sunday I went skiing for the first time. It was amazing and I managed to make it down a run without falling after a few attempts. With a few worthwhile bruises I came back having learnt the basics of skiing!

Now it's Western European culture week and we are busy organising workshops and making food. Its a brilliant way to share your culture with others and take the absolute mick out of your country and its stereotypes.

A very cool week and a few more just as hectic ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment