Sunday 27 February 2011

2 Weeks on Sick List ...

For the past 2 weeks I have been on sick list due to Pneumonia. Most likely caused by the numerous viruses that pass around our college as we all live together and also it's quite likely that hiking through ice cold water didn't help either.

This led to an experience I hoped I wouldn't have to try; going to a Bosnian hospital. Unlike in Britain when you get at all ill here you go to the hospital as there are no GP surgery's. So I went to the hospital with our house mother because I had been ill for a few days with a fever. I don't think I have ever been prodded so much in my life. Unfortunately in Mostar the hospital is broken up all over the city so that means you end up getting sent from one place to the next if they suspect something is wrong.

After we had visited several hospitals, which were strangely deserted and very eerie, had blood tests and chest x-rays they diagnosed me with the start of pneumonia and gave me lovely antibiotics. So now I've been in bed for a couple of weeks and have finally recovered. Now I just have to catch up with everything, thats's a sickening thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment