Monday 31 January 2011

Leadership

On Saturday, I attended a training session about being a leader and the skills required. It was twinned together with a moderator meeting in which we discussed the problems in the school that we have to address. In the previous term we saw very little happening, our voices rang out unheard. Hopefully, this term will be very different. More initiatives have been created and a more committed attitude adopted. We all want to see change. As part of this workshop, led by a second year, I learnt a lot of things that we often just regard as common knowledge and disregard.

This morning I held a speech as one of the candidates for the new student representative, I don't have high hopes but it was worth the experience. I'm beginning to feel slightly more confident and putting together more projects on my own. Something, I don't think, I would of even attempted previously. There is so much potential in UWCiM but so far it has been dormant. Soon I hope to see it unleashed!

No comments:

Post a Comment